Location: Palmer, MA
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 09/01/2023
Peckham Industries Inc. (PII) has been a family-run business since 1924 and we believe our “family by choice” philosophy delivers value as the trusted supplier of construction materials, products, and services in the communities we serve. Through our extensive network of hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete plants, quarries, and liquid asphalt terminals, PII delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers. In addition, the company’s construction operations include paving and road reclamation services, as well as precast/pre-stressed concrete production and erection of multi-level parking structures, specialty buildings, and bridge components.
Become part of our mission by realizing your purpose, serving our community interests, and delivering growth for our customers. Peckham Industries educates, innovates, and applies technology in a way that is safe, sustainable, inclusive, and profitable.
The Project Engineer will assist the Project Managers / Superintendents with the execution of DOT and town projects. This position will ensure material quantities are accurate and available as well as review logs for field employees. This is a Project Engineer position in Heavy Highway Asphalt Paving industry.
- Protect family and friends. Maintain a Safety Culture that fosters a zero-incident environment for people to come to work every day and perform their best. Communicate with openness, innovation, idea sharing, messaging and actions that keeps safety and first and foremost in people’s minds.
- Mastery. Utilize job cost reports to monitor job financials closely and swiftly identify any gains or losses on a project specific basis
- Respect and engage. Communicate frequently and professionally with the Chief Estimator, General Superintendents, superintendents, foreman, suppliers, and customers regarding items such as job cost analysts and job progress regularly.
- Measurement. Develop a standard operating procedure to enable performance and growth with key responsibilities such as driving a consistent 2-week lookahead schedule process, orchestrating project submittals, orchestrating project schedules and hand offs, attending regular meetings with field employees monthly.
- Assist project team with conflict resolution between owner, contractor, and subcontractor.
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- 3 years construction experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of construction operations and specifications.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field.
- Extensive computer skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position may require up to 10% travel by personal vehicle to offices throughout the state of New York, and New England based on the needs of the business.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position is located in a construction environment. Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 50 lb. or more. This position works on or near moving mechanical parts and loud equipment. Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time as well as lifting, pulling, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, walking, reaching, driving, and repetitive motion.
At Peckham, you will experience our values wherever you work: corporate offices, plants, quarries, or paving operations. We share a common set of values - safety, integrity, dedication, and efficiency which are embedded in how we show up every day. Ours is a culture where we protect family and friends, our word is our bond, we are committed to serve and results matter. Our values are the foundation of our growth, and we believe will pave the way for future success.
Peckham Industries, Inc. (PII) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide EEO to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, if you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact Recruitment@peckham.com.
Location: Palmer, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 9/3/2023