Are you interested in joining a company that is on a mission to change the way organizations view and manage their cybersecurity risk? Are you a passionate technical expert looking to make your mark with one of the most innovative tech organizations in the security industry?
RiskLens is looking for a Data Engineer to become a vital member of the Software Engineering team and craft the future of our Enterprise data platform! In this exciting role, you will be responsible for building data collection, transformation and processing pipeline automation as a single paltform to deliver it to multiple downstream services. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts, and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
RiskLens is a software startup backed by premier Venture Capital investors that are empowering organizations to make risk-informed cybersecurity decisions by analyzing outcomes in financial terms. The market is rapidly developing, and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail, and healthcare.
RiskLens offers a comprehensive healthcare package, unlimited paid time off, parental leave, true team culture, and career growth through personal and professional development opportunities. We are growing fast and so will you.
In this exciting role, you will report to the Engineering Manager and contribute to the success of RiskLens.
Within the first 30 days
- Gain an understanding of RiskLens training offerings, products, and professional services
- Understand and take a deep dive into RiskLens's existing data pipeline and architecture
- Understand requirements at the high level for building out a new data platform to cater to multiple products downstream
Within 60 days
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship within software engineering, data science, product, cloud platform engineering, and application security teams
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers across the company to refine product requirements for our data platform
- Define a plan for building a Data Platform
In 6 months
- Collaborate with the data science and engineering team to build a working end-to-end use case of data coming into the platform and available for one of the downstream products to ingest
- Maintain the data platform and start working on other use cases as identified previously
- Understands where the codebase deviates from established data engineering standards and can determine based on product priorities the most appropriate time to fix the codebase
- Continuously improve the self, team, and the larger organization, as well as the technology and the processes for delivering and supporting customer-facing products
- Contribute to the development of Data Analytics, Machine Learning models, and application of AI to address real-world problems
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in ETL, data warehousing or data lakes, or data lakehouses (you will get the opportunity to explore data lakehouse architecture as we build our data platform)
- 3+ years of experience in scripting languages such as Python
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, writing, debugging, and performance tuning
- Experience in building data platforms cloud platforms like Azure and AWS etc
- Experience in building pipelines within or across cloud platforms (blobs to s3, etc)
- Experience in infrastructure automation (Terraform, etc) is desirable but not a requirement for this role
- Experience in Agile based environment
- An iterative approach to problem-solving, using data to plot out the optimal path forward
- Ability to independently work with the Product team to help solidify requirements, translate those into functional software designs, and break the work down into manageable work items
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively in a remote work setting
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Right attitude: show us your passion and what you can do!
Location: Spokane, Washington, US
Posted Date: 11/22/2022