Are you interested in joining a company that is on a mission to change the way organizations view and manage their cybersecurity risk? Are you a passionate technical expert looking to make your mark with one of the most innovative tech organizations in the security industry?
RiskLens is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to become a vital member of the Software Engineering team. In this exciting role, you will responsible for designing, implementing, testing, building, and deploying solutions touching on a wide variety of technologies that meet our customers' needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering, are proficient in C#, .NET Core, React/TypeScript, and are familiar with MS SQL,we'd love to speak with you.
RiskLens is a software startup backed by premier Venture Capital investors that are empowering organizations to make risk-informed cybersecurity decisions by analyzing outcomes in financial terms. The market is rapidly developing, and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail, and healthcare.
RiskLens offers a comprehensive healthcare package, unlimited paid time off, parental leave, true team culture, and career growth through personal and professional development opportunities. We are growing fast and so will you.
In this exciting role, you will report to the Engineering Manager and contribute to the success of RiskLens.
Within the first 30 days
- Gain an understanding of RiskLens training offerings, products, and professional services
- Gain understanding and knowledge of current RiskLens SSDLC processes and procedures
- Familiarize yourself with the RiskLens SaaS platform
- Understand and take deep dive into RiskLens's existing architecture
Within 60 days
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship within Software engineering, product, cloud platform engineering, and application security teams to resolve issues and deliver work products with high quality
- Familiarize yourself with the FAIRTM (Factor Analysis of Information Risk) model and FAIR Controls Analytics Model™ (FAIR-CAM™)
- Review technical documentation of RiskLens SaaS platform
- Have a full understanding of RiskLens's existing architecture, building, and deployment procedures
- Resolve a handful of defects to gain an understanding of the codebase
In 6 months
- Deliver world-class security products of the highest quality utilizing agile engineering and DevOps practices
- Define, design, estimate, plan, & execute user stories
- Works closely with principals to define the patterns, frameworks, standards, and techniques relating to architecture, software composition, component and product interfaces
- Understands where the codebase deviates from established coding standards and can determine based on product priorities the most appropriate time to fix the codebase
- Actively communicates daily progress on a cross-functional team. Recognizes impediments within the team and where appropriate, assists team members in resolving impediments
- Systematically troubleshoot production issues and deliver timely resolutions
- Continuously improve self, team, and the larger organization, as well as the technology and the processes for delivering and supporting customer-facing products
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in a remote work setting
- 7+ years of hands-on software development experience on both backend and frontend technologies
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as .Net, C#
- Familiarity with database technology such as MS SQL
- Expert understanding of building REST APIs
- Understanding of various virtualization and cloud technologies
- Strong coding skills
- Working knowledge of agile engineering practices such as CI/CD, automated unit testing, automated acceptance testing, pair programming, feature teams, refactoring, collective code ownership, building in vertical slices, code reviews, etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, fluent in English
- Experience with incremental delivery of features as part of a Software Development Life Cycle
Location: Spokane, Washington, US
Posted Date: 6/21/2022