• Manage team administrative functions, systems, and procedures, providing guidance and oversight on operational, logistical, and administrative matters in coordination with respective administrative teams.
• Coordinate production of regional documents, including updates to Board, standing briefing materials, and planning documents, among others. Oversee the regular updating and maintenance of the Eurasia team's pages on the public NDI website and NDI staff portal.
• Manage personnel and recruitment processes for the Eurasia region. Coordinate performance review, merit increase and promotion processes. Ensure compliance with NDI policies and applicable laws.
• Manage and coordinate team retreats, meetings and other events; work with program staff to coordinate or support delegations, conferences, and other public events.
• Develop and maintain team-wide systems and procedures; streamline existing processes; and coordinate and harmonize information, documents, and policies across the region, including teamwide tracking systems, databases, schedules, calendars and other team-related information.
• Serve as team liaison and maintain constructive relations with NDI administrative teams.
• Support staff in implementing accounting responsibilities, including creating, tracking and reconciling budgets; managing subgranting and procurement procedures; and managing special funding accounts.
• Standardize best administrative practices in DC and in field offices. Ensure consistent use of institutional systems and practices (shipping, procurement, timesheets, storage, leases, other field office management processes).
• Coordinate training, staff development, and team building events on a regular basis.
• Manage logistical and administrative matters for Regional Director, including travel arrangements, financial reconciliations, and selected correspondence.
• Coordinate external outreach and communication efforts, including to NDI's Board.
• Manage field office security plans and share best practices among offices. Ensure all offices in the region have updated and detailed security plans. Coordinate with NDI's security and operations team.
• Manage inventory of team workspaces, equipment and supplies in coordination with relevant administrative teams.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in nonprofit management, business administration, or a related field; additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
• Minimum 12 years of relevant administrative experience encompassing familiarity with operations, security, office management.
• Superior writing and verbal communication skills; strong editing skills.
• Knowledge of budgeting and accounting procedures.
• Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations preferred and ability to analyze and interpret government and organization rules and regulations.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; meet deadlines; complete tasks with minimal oversight.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, US and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers.
• Ability to be creative and to proactively identify procedures and policies to improve information sharing, knowledge management, and the overall efficiency and organization of Eurasia programs and activities.
• Experience with event planning and management.
• Demonstrated interest in political development and/or the Eurasia region highly desired.
• Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
How To Apply
National Democratic Institute