Quality Control Engineer
Potter Electric Signal Company, the recognized world leader in Fire Sprinkler Monitoring Industry, has an opening for a Quality Control Engineer. We are medium sized manufacturing company located near St. Louis Outlet Mall that has established a reputation worldwide as an elite provider in our industry. The Potter brand name and our logo have become synonymous with quality products and service. Our People Vision is to provide employment opportunities to those individuals who are performance driven dedicated to meeting the needs of the business, take pride in their work, team players, and are enthusiastic and passionate about their job.
We have an opportunity available on our Quality Control Team for a Quality Engineer. The majority of our products are mechanical in nature thus this position requires solid mechanical aptitude. This position reports to the Quality Control Manager and entails the following duties:
- Collect and analyze quality data, identify problem areas, recommend solutions and coordinate / facilitate corrective action to control costs and achieve established quality objectives for external failures, scrap, problem orders and related performance measures.
- Maintain required quality records and documentation to verify that all quality and manufacturing systems and processes meet or exceed industry standards and/or customer specifications.
- Interact with all internal departments as well as customers and vendors to identify and resolve quality issues in a timely, cost effective and productive manner.
- Analyzes and recommends methods for reducing manufacturing errors, scrap and rework.
- Investigate Product Complaints and implement corrective actions.
- Assist production with Root Cause Analysis with regard to Corrective Actions.
- Prepare first article reports.
- Assist quality department as needed.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – prefer Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering.
- Leadership and communication skills to effectively lead and facilitate.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills that require little supervision.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Preferred ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector
- Background in GD&T
- Solidworks or Polyworks software experience a plus
- Defect analysis and statistically process controls
We are a 120-year-old company that offers all the benefits and conditions needed to compete for today’s quality employee. If you are that quality employee that will give back as much as you receive, please submit your resume.
Local candidates only and no agencies please.
To learn more about our products and services, visit our website at www.pottersignal.com
Potter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Hazelwood, Missouri, US
Posted Date: 10/13/2020