This position will work in a cross-functional team reporting to the Department Manager with direct responsibility for coating equipment performance and product quality for cell manufacturing area. A major role of this position is working directly with production, operations and maintenance in day-to-day troubleshooting, repair and improvements to the manufacturing process flow and equipment. Responsible for the continual improvement of processes and equipment.
- Adhere to all safety regulations.
- Develop processes and inspection methods for manufacturability.
- Initiate and facilitate continuous quality & productivity improvement activities.
- Troubleshooting, repair and upgrades of process equipment directly on the production floor.
- Explore methods to increase overall manufacturing capacity and productivity through modification of plant layout, new equipment, modifications to existing equipment and changes in production flow through capability studies and experimental design.
- Eliminate capacity constraints and drive product cost reductions while continuing to meet high quality standards.
- Work with R&D group to scale advanced technology to the production area.
- Coordinate engineering activities for sustaining products in production and participate in the transition for new products into production among cross-functional organizations (Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Senior Management).
- Author and revise SOP's, PWI's, ECN drawing packages and operator training for production per ISO13485 and ISO9001 standards.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to determine procurement, inspection and disposition of process parts and materials.
- Failure mode and effect analysis activities.
- Develop and execute capital equipment procurement and upgrades as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Training / Skills / Experience:
- Chemical/Industrial/Process/Mechanical Engineer (Bachelor's degree preferred) with 5-10 years' experience in a mixing and coating processes
- 5+ years industrial experience in aqueous and/or solvent coating/process engineering
- Powder delivery/Weigh systems experience preferred
- Dry mix and wet mixing systems experience preferred
- Slurry and/or paste mixing systems experience preferred
- Thick film experience a plus (0.008 0.035) experience preferred
- Excellent hands-on ability working on process equipment on the production floor, including coating & mix room systems
- Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing problems related to materials, equipment, and all other processes on an ongoing basis.
- Computer literacy (including MS Office, AutoCAD, SPC)
- Effective communication skills
- Working knowledge of SPC, process capability studies, and design of experiments
- Working understanding of operations and manufacturing environments.
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology
- High level of initiative and strong work ethic.
Physical Requirements: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position described above and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Ultralife Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 315- 332-7100.
To view our EEO Policy Statement, click here.
Location: Newark, New York, US
Posted Date: 7/31/2020