Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, a successful candidate would work from home and could be based anywhere in the continental United States (due to time zone constraints).
• Assist the Asia - Pacific team in organizing and implementing democracy development programs
• Collect and distribute to the Asia - Pacific team foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, or journal clippings pertaining to Asia & Pacific affairs
• Attend meetings and seminars on Asia - Pacific affairs and prepare written presentations to Asia & Pacific team members
• Conduct special projects as needed
• Assist in providing logistical and administrative support to the Asia - Pacific team
• Assist with administrative duties such as filing, faxing, copying and mailings
• Bachelor's degree preferred, with coursework in political science, international development, Asian studies, or a related field or relevant work experience
• Must have excellent oral and written proficiency in English
• Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in Asia
• Available a minimum of 40 hours per week
• Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team
• Experience managing work prioritization and attention to detail
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.)
• Ability to read, write, and speak an Asian language strongly desired
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
To apply, please visit: https://www.Click2Apply.net/rq8tg9g7gx6jxr2g
How To Apply
National Democratic Institute