The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a Technical Data/Information Specialist for the USAID Georgia Information Integrity Program. The goal of the program is to enhance Georgian efforts to advance the integrity of the information space and build societal resilience in the face of disinformation and propaganda campaigns. This effort will seek to build upon existing efforts in the country, build a sustainable community of stakeholders to coordinate counter-disinformation efforts and maximize impact, and to strengthen capacities to pursue more data-driven, effective and measurable approaches. Hiring will be contingent upon award of the program.
The ideal candidate possesses eight (8) years of professional experience encompassing the fields of disinformation, research, digital communications and technologies, data analysis, politics, and international democracy assistance in the Eurasian context, with knowledge of Georgia highly preferred. S/he has expertise in designing and implementing effective research methodologies involving quantitative and qualitative approaches, conducting innovative data collection and analysis, deploying technology to solve diverse problems, and pursuing rigorous monitoring and evaluation.
Applications must be submitted by CoB Friday, May 22 AND include names and contact information for at least three professional references.
• Support program in gathering and analyzing data, conducting innovative research, and monitoring information flows.
• Provide training, mentoring and consultations to partners in government, civil society, and media.
• Ensure consistency and integrity of research and monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies.
• Assess tools, research, analysis and strategies and ensure integrity of their application.
• Facilitate communication and collaboration among program stakeholders from various sectors.
• Advise on technical protocols and norms.
• Track and report on disinformation developments in Georgia and Eurasia and emerging challenges in the disinformation space.
• Support Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party in all areas of programming relevant to technical data and information.
• Demonstrated expertise in disinformation and propaganda, including the basics of machine learning and its impact on data gathering, management and analysis; information access and data literacy; public opinion research; and digital technologies and communications.
• Experience building or using a variety of tools for collection and analysis of disinformation efforts and impacts, including through social media, as well promoting and evaluating efforts to build resilience.
• Advanced degree or higher in the subject matter area or other relevant fields highly preferred.
• Understanding of the roles and dynamics of social media platforms in this arena.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability for public speaking, writing and reporting in English.
• Experience in living and working in Eurasia, particularly in Georgia.
• Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations that may be remote and difficult to reach.
• Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) is a must, as well as familiarity with protocols for the secure storage and sharing of information (cyber hygiene).
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Interviews may be conducted in-person or remotely. Salary is commensurate with experience. A generous benefits package is provided. Employment is contingent upon receipt of award AND donor approval by USAID.
Please note that due to the impact of the covid-19 pandemic, exact timing of employment is presently uncertain.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI's Human Resources department.
To apply, please visit: https://www.click2apply.net/bd9tdp7cxwddz9nj
Applications must be submitted by CoB Friday, May 22 AND include names and contact information for at least three professional references
How To Apply
National Democratic Institute