Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates as a member of ABA ROLI Senior Staff and in that capacity contributes to achievement of overall organizational goals, assists in the development and implementation of overall policies and procedures, provides leadership to the overall organization internally and represents it externally.
- Accountable for the development of ongoing programs related to global programs, including those that address LGBT rights, justice sector training and environmental programs; the acquisition of supporting grants; achieving the M&E metrics for the program/grant; and for achieving/optimizing the deliverables of the program, in collaboration with others in ABA ROLI, including those in regional divisions.
- Interfaces with domestic and foreign government officials and other public and private grantors on a routine basis to influence current and future programmatic support and to ensure grantor satisfaction.
- Creates budget proposals for global programs and is accountable for monitoring and reporting on budget performance
at the macro-level. Recommends corrective actions throughout the budget period to maintain budget compliance.
- Assigns research tasks to staff for the purpose of designing and implementing programs and for obtaining the supporting
data for grant reporting and/or proposal development.
- Promotes greater understanding within ABA ROLI – including the regional divisions and practice groups – of global programs and their role in rule of law programs.
- Guides, and is accountable for, the strategic direction of global programs and oversees the implementation of both the programs and requisite supporting structures.
- Routinely monitors grantor requests for data and proactively resolves program inquiries to effectively manage the donors’ expectations and deliverables.
- Represents ABA ROLI in both public and private presentations and briefings to donors, government officials, law practitioners, other ABA entities, and public audiences, both within and outside the U.S.
- Provides coaching, counseling, feedback, performance appraisal, and, when necessary, applies discipline to an assigned
- Performs other related duties as required.
Interested candidates should submit their applications here: https://usr57.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/aba/Posting/View/936
- Possession of a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. law school
and at least eight (8) years of program, operational and/or international experience; OR, possession of a Master’s degree in and at least ten (10) years of program, operational and/or international experience.
- At least three years’ experience supervising a team, which must have included providing performance feedback to
- Experience developing and managing a budget for an assigned department.
- Proven ability to publish and present with professional English language proficiency.
- Five years’ experience in implementing or overseeing field-based international development programs.
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- Experience in making presentations at conferences and meetings.
How To Apply
American Bar Association - Rule of Law Initiative
3003 Van Ness Street, NW
Washington, DC, United States 20008