This is a non-accompanied posting in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. A successful candidate would begin in April 2020 and serve through December 2020. This position is contingent on funding and may be subject to donor approval.
• Manage the implementation of NDI's domestic observation election program in Kyrgyzstan;
• Assist the local partner with organizational and managerial development by providing training in strategic planning, network building, staff development, internal organization, financial and administrative management, and communication strategies;
• Through consultations and training sessions, assist the local partner in the design and implementation of methodologies to monitor, analyze and report on political and administrative developments relating to the electoral process;
• Provide day-to-day management, oversight, and development of a small elections team in the NDI/Bishkek office;
• Maintain relationships with key partners in civil society, government, international implementers, and the donor community;
• Along with the Resident Director, represent the NDI program in meetings with donors, other international organizations and domestic monitors to coordinate election observation plans; and
• Consult regularly with Washington-based staff on program progress and submit timely field reports to the Resident Director and NDI/Washington that monitor and measure program results and political developments.
• Undergraduate degree . in international relations, political science, or relevant subject area;
• Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in civic organizing, as well as with statistically-based election monitoring, election campaigns and/or civic participation;
• Practical experience in organizational development and nonprofit management;
• Experience in training and workshop facilitation;
• Experience living and working overseas and an ability to work in a challenging environment is highly desirable, as is previous experience in Central Asian countries;
• Experience in implementing USAID-funded programs;
• A demonstrated ability to conduct and apply sophisticated political and statistically based analysis to programmatic activities; experience analyzing election data and/or public opinion surveys a plus;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior political and civic leaders as well as members of the donor and diplomatic community;
• Excellent managerial, interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional political relationships;
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English and ability to communicate skills and experience to others as a trainer, advisor, and consultant; Russian language ability highly desired.
• Experience working in a multicultural work environment and promoting staff development;
• Ability to adjust programmatic activities based on changing political circumstances and in response to needs articulated by local partners and program stakeholders; and
• Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment may be contingent on is contingent upon approval by USAID.
Subject to funding award, this position is available April 1, 2020.APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
To apply, please visit: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8rnd6p3dsbcg89d7
How To Apply
National Democratic Institute