Prescient Solutions is an award-winning, Chicagoland-based IT outsourcer. For more than 23 years we have been providing CIO-level advisory support and on-site IT services to small, mid-sized and global organizations and government entities. We are committed to making our clients' businesses run better by adding more value to their organizations through technology. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a team where you can drive your career while being part of a company that values the ability to learn and grow, this is your chance! Prescient Solutions offers a great work environment that encourages teamwork to achieve a greater purpose while providing a higher level of service through better communication.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Systems Engineer 2 to join our team, initially as a PSIT Engineer. A PSIT Engineer is equivalent to a Systems Engineer 2 and is responsible for traveling to and providing coverage to multiple clients across the country, including new accounts. The PSIT Engineer / Systems Engineer 2 establishes, maintains, and provides the engineering direction needed to connect and configure servers on enterprise networks. This position is also responsible for working cross-functionally across our clients' enterprise between technology and the rest of their business to design and implement large scale solutions. The PSIT Engineer / Systems Engineer 2 implements Prescient Solutions best practices and continually updates skills and certifications to keep current with the most current technology. Other responsibilities include IT consulting engagements such as audits as well as the support of Prescient Solution's own infrastructure.
Travel up to 50% across Chicagoland (must have own reliable transportation) and out of state during weekdays is required.
Systems Engineer 2 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports both operational and engineering functions at the client account;
- Creates server installation engineering orders to drive the installation and configuration of new servers to the enterprise;
- Evaluates customer generated requirements and works with the client to ensure the implementation meets the client's needs;
- Works with technicians and engineering groups at both Prescient Solutions and at the client location to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required;
- Prepares operational and technical documentation; and
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as needed.
Systems Engineer 2 COMPETENCIES
- Technical expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange server, mastery of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems, and networking;
- Knowledge of system security;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud (Office 365, Azure);
- Knowledge of Cisco VOIP;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Professional and personable;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to balance priorities and shift quickly;
- Ability to take ownership of area and follow assigned tasks through to successful completion;
- Client Service Excellence;
- Client Service Excellence;
- Problem Solving Skills;
- Time Management; and
Systems Engineer 2 EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- MCSE or equivalent experience;
- Between three and five years of experience in networking; and
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Windows systems administration.
Up to 50% travel.
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 8/1/2019
Click Here to Apply