Detroit, MI, United States
Walbridge is seeking dynamic and driven Project Engineers who have a passion for the construction industry. The Project Engineer will plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite construction engineering activities for large and medium sized construction projects. Our projects give exposure to complex plans, technology, schedules and processes and allow you to work in a highly skilled and collaborative team environment.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
"We build living monuments that transcend our time on earth" - John Rakolta Jr. CEO of Walbridge.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practices
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities. This includes subcontractor planning and administration, work assignments.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule.
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, shop drawing processing etc.
- Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents.
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- Key technical person on projects. May be responsible for one or more small to medium sized projects.
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years similar construction engineering experience.
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus an in-depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
Location: Detroit, Michigan, US
Posted Date: 7/30/2019
Click Here to Apply