The Senior Controller is responsible for effectively and efficiently performing the accounting operations for Omega Optical Incorporated. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The chief accounting officer will model accuracy and clarity in corporate reporting. He/She is responsible for all general accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable/collection, payroll, inter-company transactions, auditing, taxes, and risk management.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures. Refines policies where necessary to reflect desired clarity.
- Evaluates controls and makes recommendations where necessary.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data in timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisers, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Arranges for audits as required and appropriate.
- Drives the development of a comprehensive budget.
- Manages budget and provides feedback to control expenses effectively.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting financial area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Establishes, or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs.
Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and has additional reporting responsibilities to the President and Founder. Responsible for evaluating departmental staffing needs.
EXCELLENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- A high level of technical accounting and financial planning skills, which are demonstrated in accurate forecasts and plans. A demonstrated ability to analyze and clarify complex financial situations, and a demonstrated grasp of the complexities within the organizations current budgetary issues.Assess current department staffing and make recommendations.
- Creating and maintaining excellent relationships with the companys banking sources.
- Ensures that all governmental reporting is completed and submitted within allowable time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective coaching employees.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and agency information based on a business needs to know.
- Ability to report data accurately and timely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to write and present information to groups well.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration. At least 10 years related experience as a Controller or Director of Finance.
The above duties or working procedures describe the chief functions of the job. They are not considered a detailed description of every duty of the job. The job description is intended to be dynamic in nature, subject to addition or deletion as required by organizational changes and customer needs.
Location: Brattleboro, Vermont, US
Posted Date: 5/14/2019
Click Here to Apply
Omega Optical Incorporated